The Perks of Being a Wallflower enlightened me.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

see the world

I really want to travel one day. And I know everyone says that and few really do it, but I think I will. I can't see myself in a relationship anytime soon, and I'm perfectly fine with that. There's so many things out there that I think a lot of people don't even think about. I have no idea what I even want to do with my life but I guess that's okay since I'm only a freshman in high school.
I am afraid that the world is going to fall apart before I can do anything amazing with my life. I don't think the world will end in December of 2012 or anything, but I do believe the world is completely going to hell. With everything happening in Japan on top of the riots that just happened in Africa, and the overpopulation in India, and the poverty and starvation everywhere, who knows how much longer we have?
My mom was telling me today about all of the children dying in Africa from problems that are completely curable if they had the right medications. But what if we did send teams over to care for these children and cure them? Then what? Then there will be even more people and even less food for everyone. What do we do about that problem? Yes, we've helped the children from those small problems, but now they'll starve, get aids, or just have horrible lives. The cycle never ends.
I wish people saw how important this earth was and tried a little harder to work together and help it.

No comments:

Post a Comment