The Perks of Being a Wallflower enlightened me.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Ode to Solitaire

Every day, i sit in school and play hours worth of solitaire. Aren't we supposed to be learning in school? I sure thought so, but these days I think people are too busy thinking school is just another place to be social. Of course I enjoy talking to friends at school, too, but I do want to learn. No kid takes school seriously anymore. What if someone from the past, just a few decades ago, came back and saw what school has become? Some kids just use school as a place to exchange drugs, or to tell friends about how high they got last weekend. I just find it depressing that school isn't actually a learning tool anymore. Who comes home from school and immediately goes over everything new they learned that day? No one. We just start thinking about the next day, and how much we hate one of our teachers, or how bad of a teacher we have, and how much we truly aren't learning anymore. But at least i've almost mastered winning a game of solitaire. That just might be my greatest accomplishment this school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment